TG-6 Accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunshower

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm picking up a TG-6 Tough and PT-059 housing from a new diver who hasn't used it much and is going in a different direction. He's including a Nauticam YS strobe adapter and spare battery/charger. Here's the dangerous question - what other accessories should I be looking at? Which ones made the most difference for you? I'm just looking to have fun with pics, not aiming to land on the cover of a scuba mag. TIA.

The strobe is the big one - makes a HUGE difference in the quality of the pics you'll get, especially at depth. I'm using and would recommend the Inon S2000. Small form factor, yet delivers a good amount of light.

Other than that, I use the Backscatter M52 Air lens to get rid of any vingetting in the pictures. Works well...when I remember to bump it after I reach the bottom of course. :)

Finally, good idea to get some sort of tether or retractor to clip it off to your BCD/harness. Last thing you want is to drop it and have it go to the bottom!

I made mine own attachment. Two images one extended for use, the other when I’m getting in or out of the water (shore diving).

9240CD50-9D85-4712-9921-5CD2F664CA6E.jpeg

ED4462E5-FC27-45DC-B4C9-BACD300F694E.jpeg

Thanks for the input. How about a tray, any thoughts on that?

You want a tether to tame the lens cap it has a talent to float into the frame just when you line a shot up perfectly!

Slippery slope!

First, you need a strobe. Second, you need a second strobe. Unfortunately, strobes are $$$ but can be used with newer and newer versions of your camera, housing, lens adapters...

Everyone needs a hobby to throw money at.

PS My dad told me to never buy anything that eats, floats, or flies.

40410_1414393912163_2512198_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom