Texas??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldsmoke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone here live in Texas? I have family in the hill country and will be traveling there several times over the next year or so. I am looking to find some dive buddies in the area or near the coast within driving distance of the hill country.

Hunter

Anyone here live in Texas? I have family in the hill country and will be traveling there several times over the next year or so. I am looking to find some dive buddies in the area or near the coast within driving distance of the hill country.

Hunter

Welcome Hunter.

You'll find many divers in the Hill Country, myself based in Austin. The Texas Swamp Divers is the informal forum which most local Texans I know use to keep up with what's happening around here.

There are lakes, springs, rivers, and offshore reefs, rigs, and wrecks to explore with travel distance from 30 min to hours of driving + cruising if heading out into the Gulf.

Once you know your arrival and dive-able dates, either post or send a PM and I'm sure you'll be able to find a dive buddy.

Regards,

Brandon

Hi,

I guess I should have been more clear. I posted in here looking for buddies in Texas. I guess I should have specified that I was looking for DIR/UTD buddies. That's why I posted here and not in the Texas forum. My thread was, however, moved to the Texas forum. I figured that there would be a better chance to connect with someone via this forum than the other. I haven't had much luck with this question previously in other geographic specific forums.

Please either move my thread back in here or delete it entirely. Thanks.

Hunter

No problem. I moved it for you.

Does Amarillo get you into the hill country? I'm not a Texan . . .

amascuba is based in Amarillo, and he's DIR.

Does Amarillo get you into the hill country? I'm not a Texan . . .

amascuba is based in Amarillo, and he's DIR.

Unfortunately I'm an 8 hour drive away from Hill Country... :( Hill Country is the Austin/San Antonio area. I could make some trips down that way though. I have family in Austin. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom