Texas winter diving- Wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The key to diving wet in the chilly winter months is to do your best at hitting the ponds on 'warmer' and sunny days if possible,,,this makes for a better more comfortable SI time regardless of the water temps.. :)

Philosophy ....is a walk on slippery rocks,
Religion... is a Dive in the Fog.....
I don't care about too many things I know what I know if ya know what I mean

Doo Ya ???

Great thread.

Starting another for the wet ones like me, to get info on Dry Suits in Texas

Thanks

I dove earlier in the year in a Bare 7mm full with a 7mm hooded vest over it in 60 deg water. I was comfortable enough that I didn't need to get out of the wetsuit inbetween dives. I am planning on diving the same setup this "winter".

tues morning at mansfield the water was 67-69 and i was in a 5mm with a 3/2 hooded vest under ... toasty warm

What was your max depth and do those temps reflect that depth?

What was your max depth and do those temps reflect that depth?

Hey Allen I was diving Thanksgiving morning Bob Wendtz Park Windy point Lake travis and I was 40 feet at 70 degrees in the water and with wind chill 35 degrees out of the water.

Regards,

Hey Allen I was diving Thanksgiving morning Bob Wendtz Park Windy point Lake travis and I was 40 feet at 70 degrees in the water and with wind chill 35 degrees out of the water.

Regards,

Hey thanks......that still sounds nice a toasty!!! :wink:

Now today here in Arlington was great...would have made a sweet day for a few dips somewhere.

I have heard that since my last dives at Travis the vis has gone south with the lake turning....well it was good most of the summer I thought.

Be safe and hope you get in some more dives soon.... :)

Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom