Texas rig diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meeting at your place is good.

Timing would depend on when we are meeting the others, wouldn't it?

Still dunno who all else is going. Sounds like Tom is still up in the air. If my dad winds up going, he'll meet us in Weatherford at the Winn Dixie on 180. He's supposed to let me know tomorrow or early Saturday.

Anybody else?

Don't count on me going. We would have a better chance getting an all day sitter August 4th. Yall have fun.

Tom

I've got my niece coming in Sunday from Japan. I don't think she'd understand if I wasn't at the airport to pick her up. What can I say - she isn't a diver (YET!).

Y'all have fun.

BTW Mike, did ya book a spot on the Sept 8 trip???

No. Gonna sit this one out since Tom & Michelle can't go. Perhaps next "round".

Corsair....Tabatha is in with us for PK but needs to know time and place to link up in W-ford. Call me at work in morning.

PS. Found the Corsair's website...boy what a motley bunch you make! Can I borrow one of the CD's sometime?

Hey SwampDivers,

Room for one more? If so, let me know what sort of diving conditions to expect.

Also, I would be coming from the Garland, Lake Ray Hubbard area, what's the best way to get there?

Let me know.

Jimbo

Okay, still working on the exact time to meet up.

For Better Late, PK is out way west of Fort Worth. Take your pick of I-20 or I-30, they'll meet up. Follow out west toward Weatherford. You'll see an exit for hwy 180. Follow 180 all the way into Weatherford. Just past the main traffic circle around the courthouse is a Winn Dixie. The parking lot is the proposed meeting area. I'll get back on here with an actual meeting time on Saturday.

Mike, you've been out there, haven't you? If so, you'd be a better source for the conditions. I've just been told that its better than Lake Travis.

BTW, Mike, if you ask real nice, I might just bring one of the CD's...

This would be my first run to PK. Last time I was out there I was knee high to a peg leg pirate. I figure conditions are typical of lakes.

We do need to set the time to meet in W-ford pretty soon so I can tell Tabatha. Call me at work until 1:00 if you wish

Moving some of my goods tomorrow to new digs afterwork (light stuff since it's gonna be so darn hot!)

I listend to some of the mp3's on the corsair site. Pretty nice stuff. And if you actually listen to the lyrics, you can hear some bawdy stuff too!

And I've got to hear the story about you being the "late" member of the crew.

Just got off of the phone with Corsair, the meeting time for the PK trip is 10:30am in the above mentioned parking lot.

So if you wish to join us, please come on!

I just saw this thread, so I don't know if anyone is still planning on going out on the Tropic Star. FWIW, I took this trip last summer after the D2D Flower Gardens trip (I figured it wasn't that far from Freeport to Port Aransas).

The boat was nice, the DM and boat captain were fun, and it was a good day. The ride was about an hour out to the rigs. They know which rigs are good for diving, and have a game plan in mind according to the current and which rigs already have fishing boat tied up.

The diving was very pleasant--excellent viz, lots of barracuda checking out the scene, and lots of other small rig fish.

Having said that, it's a long trip from Dallas for one day of diving. If I was already in Corpus Christi and had my dive gear with me I might do it again.

If you go, you'll have a good time.

Randy Brooks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom