Texas rebreather dive stores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just seeing where people go for certain rebreather supplies and gas.

Looking for dive shops that support rebreathers and gas supplies.
Gas needs to be 100% O2 and Diluent for the units.
Diluent can be any where from 21% and up.
Divers may ask for specific gas content (nitrox mix) for Dolphin units.
If Trimix please list if using USP gas and filtration system.

Supplies can be O2 sensors, hoses, and willingness to work with rebreather divers.

If you know of a store- please add store name, web address and what they offer.
I am going to be making a listing of stores. This can include surrounding states.

Known stores-
Surface Interval Scuba, Arlington TX. SI Scuba | Welcome
They sells gas (membrane system) for nitrox, oxygen and trimix maybe special request. Pretty sure they sell supplies.

Scubatoys, Carrollton TX. Scuba Gear Scuba Diving Equipment Discount dive gear Snorkeling Equipment and Wetsuits Cheap online
-sells odds and ends- O2 sensors and stuff.

Thanks ahead of time.
Regards, Andrew

Andrew... nice thread and should be considered as a possible 'sticky' form thread. :)

CB used to have a couple dolphins, I don't think he has them anymore but may still be able to get parts supplies dunno.

Last edited:
The two units at Grapevine scuba were stolen along with some other product years ago.
They are still marked as stolen units as far as I know.

The supplier for Drager in the United States has changed more than a few times.
I will check on what Grapevine Scuba can handle.

Thanks for the lead.
Andrew

Lone Star Scuba (Ft. Worth/TX....they also have a Dallas/TX shop)...is a KISS dealer.

SUPERB idea about listing area rebreather-friendly stores. There's a lot of information to get one's head around when learning about rebreathers (or sometimes just finding supplies/parts for them) and it's a good thing to be able to be in-the-know with your local store who can help answer those questions.

I wanted to add a few more off the top of my head. These stores have access to O2, CO2-absorbant, etc and just coincidently are DiveRite dealers (which is why I know they are RB-friendly) , but they probably also carry other brands as well and can certainly answer any questions:
- 5-Star Divers. El Paso, TX
- Blue Sea Adventures. Rowlett, TX
- Divers Reef. Denver, CO (OK, not exactly Texas, but they still can 'speak' rebreathers if you're in the area)
- Island Divers. Lewisville, TX
- Oceanic Ventures. Houston, TX
- Poseidon Adventures. Oklahoma City, OK (yeh yeh, I know, not Texas either, but Randy is very knowledgeable about the various units on the market).

If I think of more, I'll post an update.

Thanks!
Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom