Texas newbie alert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danktex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, I am new to diving (not nearly wet enough behind the ears) and my instructor said that this would be a good spot to find dive buddies. I live in Austin and am willing to dive Lake Travis any time. My non-diving wife and I are leaving for Belize in the beginning of June and I would love to get a bunch of dives in before then. P.M me if you are interested. I'll be blowing bubbles in the pool in the mean time.

You have a very wise instructor. :wink:

Well I will be out at Travis this up coming weekend for my AOW. We will be at Windy Point, look for Surface Interval Scuba sign. hope to see you there

Lukiedukie, I read in another post that you were coming down on friday. If its not to late in the evening I would bite at the chance to empty a tank or two.

Thanks for the hospitality Mack. I went in to ohs once a while back, maybe six months ago, I will definitely come by this week and say hi.

danktex:
Hi, I am new to diving (not nearly wet enough behind the ears) and my instructor said that this would be a good spot to find dive buddies. ... wife and I are leaving for Belize in the beginning of June
Welcome to scubaboard and to diving. I am fairly new myself and the swamp has been the best place to find buddies and info.

Just curious, are you going to Belize on a trip or moving? It is a place I have always wanted to visit. My wife lived there for three years before we were married.

Willie

wet-willie:
Welcome to scubaboard and to diving. I am fairly new myself and the swamp has been the best place to find buddies and info.

Just curious, are you going to Belize on a trip or moving? It is a place I have always wanted to visit. My wife lived there for three years before we were married.

Willie

I am going on a trip to Ambergris caye, but if it is half as nice as Costa Rica I could be convinced to stay!

Belize diving is awsome. Great reef there. I went on a cruise out of Galveston with the wife and I loved it. I went to Cozumel as well and did not really enjoy the dive there. Currents were way strong and took us to the middle of the ocean. It was interesting.

I'll be doing my AOW dives on the weekend of June 10th, if anyone wants to meet out there, let me know. I'd like to get a few extra dives in. I'm from Little Elm so I'll be driving quite a bit to get there...

Hector

danktex:
Lukiedukie, I read in another post that you were coming down on friday. If its not to late in the evening I would bite at the chance to empty a tank or two.

I will be in a blue ford tauras with dark window tint. On the back window will be a dive flag and DAN sticker. If you want I can PM you my cell number.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom