Texas Divers.....HELP! What is Abilene Like?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, is it near Kerrville?

I'd get some horses.

focus on the cost of living...Jimbo, you're gonna be rolling in cash. Stuff those college funds, diving isn't everything, ya know. Horses...think horses. I can see you team penning, just fine. I have a nice big rodeo buckle for you. (you don't mind if it says "walk/jog/trot", do you?)

You just have to love catherine96821 Even if she didn't have her head screwed on straight my bet is she would still make sence. :14:

catherine96821:
Hey, is it near Kerrville?

I'd get some horses.

focus on the cost of living...Jimbo, you're gonna be rolling in cash. Stuff those college funds, diving isn't everything, ya know. Horses...think horses. I can see you team penning, just fine. I have a nice big rodeo buckle for you. (you don't mind if it says "walk/jog/trot", do you?)

Horses are for the retirement ranch. When my wife and I first met, I adopted 2 mustangs off the range in Nevada, she broke the good one, the other broke itself, but to my wifes credit, she named it alpo the first time she laid eyes on it.
My wife spent 2 years in some upstate college in New York learning horses, until she realized she couldn't make a living at it.....she barrel raced in High School.
And I, I cut cattle for a few years after High School, I'd rather have a Harley Nowadays!
My kids 529 gets more every month at the moment than momma gives me in allowance!
When I went to College, all my Dad gave me was a handshake!

By the way, hey Ohana, stay away, I'm trying to make friends and influence people here, don't want none of ya runnin em off!:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Timeliner:
You just have to love catherine96821 Even if she didn't have her head screwed on straight my bet is she would still make sence. :14:

"ohana stay away?" See what thanks we get?

Sorry, Jimbo, this is the new party thread. (till WC comes and has it pulled) heck..we may all follow you to Abilene.

catherine96821:
"ohana stay away?" See what thanks we get?

Sorry, Jimbo, this is the new party thread. (till WC comes and has it pulled) heck..we may all follow you to Abilene.

Did someone say PARTY?

I'm in!

mrjimboalaska:
Bentex,
Well I am a hunter, but whats the deal with the hunting lease's? Do you need to be Independantly wealthy man to Hunt? or is there public land easily accessed?
Back home in Idaho, access to great hunting on someones land was easy, I knew everyone, and the "lease" thing was not common practice. Except my pheasant grounds, 6 people, 5000 acres, only allowed to bring 2 friends at a time with you. $50 a year(I did milk cows for a year for the rancher after High School). Bobwhite Quail so fat they couldn't fly! usually shot 60 so pheasants a year and never kept track of the quail. Still the best kept secret back home, as my good bud took my slot when I left, along with 3 dozen bigfeet decoys!!

It can be expensive if you want to get a permanant lease from a land owner. This is mainly becaue of the big game hunting and the privacy factor. Deer hunting is so popular here that people can charge big bucks to hunt big bucks.

I dont actually have a lease because one of my best friends' family owns 700 acres in Haskell County.

You can save money by doing day hunts or hunting on public land. You can do day hunts for all of the game offered in that area. Some farmers dont offer permanant leases, but you can pay $50.00 to hunt hogs only, if they charge you at all. Hogs are a major problem to farmers due to overpopulation.

Also, Texas has a public hunting program that gives you access to public hunting land that only cost's around $40.00 a year for the permit. Check out this link for more info

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/public/lands/

Let me know if you need any help!

Bentex,
Thanks for that link, I hadn't started looking at F & G regs yet, but now I just spent an hour delving.......
Looks like I'll have to get out and introduce myself to the locals........Jimbo

Hemlon:
Did someone say PARTY?

I'm in!

Princess !! I figured you'd show up.
' Fashionably late too but I guess thats Ok :crafty:
It must be because your wearing those new heels. :eyebrow:
I bet they are hard to walk in but you'll get used to it soon enough ! ....

Timeliner:
Princess !! I figured you'd show up.
' Fashionably late too but I guess thats Ok :crafty:
It must be because your wearing those new heels. :eyebrow:
I bet they are hard to walk in but you'll get used to it soon enough ! ....

Must you always call me Princess?

:shakehead

Back
Top Bottom