Texas Clipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaft

New
Reaction score
Talked to someone at MARAD today, evidently the Clipper is on the bottom (i.e. it sunk) in 30ft. of water.

Looks like TPWD is going to have to add a few more digits to that already outrageous Clipper reefing budget.

Looks like Karma is coming to pay a visit.

Er, what happened, did she sink at her mooring?

You have got to be kidding me.....Who are you Shaft? Introduce yourself. We are all waiting.....

and the Clipper really did sink. Is this a giant conspiracy? Interesting how this happens just about the time she should be released to the State of Texas.

This the the word from tpwd. The clipper's stern filled with water and settled on the bottom. Pumps are pumping out the water at this time to ascess where the leak is.

Well isn't that just friggin' great! I can't believe it, after all the back and forth talk and chat, phone calls, not to mention money from the taxpayers, private funds, lobbyist, etc. etc..... it's gone. Unfriggin' believable. :cussing::censored:

I just got off the phone with TPWD as well. I was told this might actually speed things up. It is now a liability and something has to be done.

Could just be blowing smoke but let's look at this as a glass half full.

L

I guess I am thinking it is "gone" because it doesn't seem as if there is any money left for bringing it up and then the move. I hope I am totally wrong.

Back
Top Bottom