Texas Area Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArcticDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to be in San Antonio for a meeting in August. I've got a few days off and wonder what diving is available within a few hours of there.

Since it doesn't take long to get places distance isn't a big issue.

ArcticDiver:
I'm going to be in San Antonio for a meeting in August. I've got a few days off and wonder what diving is available within a few hours of there.

Since it doesn't take long to get places distance isn't a big issue.

I'm a resident of Dallas, and don't know much about San Antonio's dive spots, you might want to go to the Texas Swamp Divers and either check out their Texas Dive Site thread or ask around there...

-Pols

Lake Travis, located Northwest of Austin, has some pretty good diving. From San Antonio it is about an hour to hour and a half. The Comal River in New Braunfels is nice, it's short and not deep at all. Here's a link to a thread on the river: http://www.scubaboard.com/t46747.html Another one I've only dove once is Canyon Lake which is about 30 miles north of San Antonio.

I know some of the members from around San Antonio will give you a few more ideas.

Thanks. I'll post over there too.

Say, on second thought, how long does it take to drive to Dallas from San Antonio? I haven't done it in years and can't remember.

Thanks for the Austin idea.

I'll check it out.

txbohunk:
Lake Travis, located Northwest of Austin, has some pretty good diving. From San Antonio it is about an hour to hour and a half. The Comal River in New Braunfels is nice, it's short and not deep at all. Here's a link to a thread on the river: http://www.scubaboard.com/t46747.html Another one I've only dove once is Canyon Lake which is about 30 miles north of San Antonio.

I know some of the members from around San Antonio will give you a few more ideas.

Just got back from a quick screen of the links your link chained to. Good info. I'll also post on the Swamp Divers for current info and anything they have going.

Guess in any case I won't need my dry suit, eh?

txbohunk:
San Antonio to Dallas 4hr, little less if your wheels barely touch the road and the hiway patrol don't get ya!

If you are driving anything less than 80 mph on I-35, you'll have someone all over your ass herding you along...driving the posted limit in the left lane will get you run over.

Even so, I'd budget at least 5 hours for a run from DAL to SA...

ArcticDiver:
Say, on second thought, how long does it take to drive to Dallas from San Antonio?

Too long. 4-5 hrs. (I think)

ArcticDiver:
Thanks. I'll post over there too.

Say, on second thought, how long does it take to drive to Dallas from San Antonio? I haven't done it in years and can't remember.
Depends on what day and time you go thru Austin! Hit it right 4to4 1/2 hrs depending on traffic your speed. If you can work it right do the flower gardens on a Sat& Sun trip.Leaves out of Free Port but depends on weather they cancel alot of trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom