Testing the Water , Oriskany & Pensacola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnohuk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there,
a few members of our dive club here in the UK thought the BigO looked kinda cool and could warrant a trip as part of a 7day dive vacation... something different! Now I’ve don a bit of digging on the net but I know there’s nothing like local KB! Some questions I have :

When is the best time of year to come ? Dive Weather for the BigO..

What other dive attractions are there ? Wrecks are the preference…

If u had 5-6 days to fill with just diving on the gulf coast, what would u do ? ( Even go somewhere else:wink:

Thanks in advance !

John

Welcome to ScubaBoard

Late Spring would be a great time for diving the Gulf, but the weather and conditions there are never 100% reliable. There are litterally thousands of artificial reefs in the Gulf, alot of them are worth diving. Most of them are sunk intentionally, but there is a wide variety to chose from including Navy tenders, tugs, Liberty ships, planes, tanks, ect.

You have alot available offshore, a handfull of fun beach dives, and the panhandle contains some great freshwater springs as well.

Give Us a call at Gulf Divers if You would like and we will do what we can to help You out.

johnohuk:
Thanks SuPrBuGmAn... looking good so far... also like ur galleries! Silly question coming up, when is late spring for u? June?

I've had some of my best visibility dives in May and June. According to my log, late summer seems to be great offshore too.

They are going to FRY coming over here diving in June. Daytime temps are normally 33C that time of year.

SuPrBuGmAn:
PF, you're aging horribly!

No buddy, I'm going dry in 2 weeks. BIG difference! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom