Testing strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
When we bought the housing for the camera we tested it at 90' without the camera inside. Now that we have the strobe, is there a safe way to test it? Shallow dive first? In a tub? How did you do it?
Lisa

I held it in the rinse bucket for about 10 minutes or so to see if I could see any excessive bubbles, then just went for it! It helps to know I have DEPP insurance!

Indeed! I just got a new Reg set up last month (1st, 2nd, octopus and console with computer), the camera, housing, the stobe...Insurance is a good thing to have for such big investments.

Dee -Do you also have your media insured, or just the camera?

No because in the past it was pocket change to replace it. However, since I've gone to the 512mg CF and will with the XD card soon, I'm thinking of adding them.

Can the CF and XD cards be flooded? I know water doesn't hurt the SM cards....I dropped one in the lake last summer. After wiping it dry, I kept using it and it's still in Beast's camera.

I think that salt water could do more damage. BUT I must say that after my camera floded in December I was able to get the pictures off both the xd and cf cards. Maybe it's a matter of how much water got in there and how long it was in the water.

Just another reason to add them to the policy!

Dee:
Just another reason to add them to the policy!
Don't the policies allow $500 for incidentals? Maybe you need to specify that you want that, but do not need to itemize.... This is just from the top of my head so I am unsure.

Check to be sure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom