Teric dead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@CuzzA it works fine with a flat charger. When I first bought mine there was even a spec somewhere of which flat chargers they had tried it with. I bought a Choetech T511 from Amazon for a few bucks at the time; that's what I take on trips.
Yes. I have a flat water proof charger. I'm just saying I think that should be the standard that comes with the Teric instead of having to buy an after market charger.

In my defence, I put my charger in a back room because the light bugs me at night, then forgot about it. Between 2 knee surgeries and covid I haven't been diving as much as I'd like

In my defence, I put my charger in a back room because the light bugs me at night, then forgot about it. Between 2 knee surgeries and covid I haven't been diving as much as I'd like
That flashing light is super annoying as well.

My experience with other lithium-based batteries is that storage near 50% is best. I charge mine to 65% and let it drop to 35%. I charge every 2 months to bring it back up (unless I go diving). Takes about 30 minutes on the stock charger.

My ToDo app helps me remember such things.

My experience with other lithium-based batteries is that storage near 50% is best. I charge mine to 65% and let it drop to 35%. I charge every 2 months to bring it back up (unless I go diving). Takes about 30 minutes on the stock charger.

My ToDo app helps me remember such things.

I feel like we have become a slave to the care and feeding of our lithium powered devices. Besides the Teric I have a smart watch, an ipad, an Android pad, two primary dive lights, 2 secondary dive lights, two cell phones and until recently a rebreather that all needed to be plugged in and unplugged according to their own charging schedule. If this technology is so smart why can't chargers maintain a 50% charge while at rest then go to 100% just when you need them?

I feel like we have become a slave to the care and feeding of our lithium powered devices. Besides the Teric I have a smart watch, an ipad, an Android pad, two primary dive lights, 2 secondary dive lights, two cell phones and until recently a rebreather that all needed to be plugged in and unplugged according to their own charging schedule. If this technology is so smart why can't chargers maintain a 50% charge while at rest then go to 100% just when you need them?

I think most lithium and LiPo batteries do just that - remain at 50-60% for many months and up to a year.
Thats how they should be stored long term (up to a year).

Some manufacturers like DJI drones include a motherboard that discharges a battery down to storage-levels.

"Alas, poor Teric! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath borne me on his back a thousand times, and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it..."

Well done @CuzzA How much are you going to charge the OP for such good advice?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom