Question Teric battery ?s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the same questions on the flashlight lithium batteries
I store these at 50%. (Charger has a "storage" mode, so it's easy.) One of my lights has a sealed battery, so I just run it in a bucket of water to consume the remainder of the half burn time. Testing the burn time is required, of course, but also important to know on it's own.

They hardly discharge at all, so I just charge before use.

I charge to 65% and let it drop no lower than 35%. This keeps it near 50% -- the optimal storage voltage for other types of lithium batteries. (I'm assuming that holds for li-ion.) I have a task on my to-do list recurring every 2 months. My charger runs at 1.2% per minute, and I just set a timer accordingly. My (new-to-me) second Teric seems to discharge less rapidly, so the recurrence will be less often.

I store these at 50%. (Charger has a "storage" mode, so it's easy.) One of my lights has a sealed battery, so I just run it in a bucket of water to consume the remainder of the half burn time. Testing the burn time is required, of course, but also important to know on it's own.

They hardly discharge at all, so I just charge before use.

Thank you!

Just been on a diving trip. I have one of the very first Terics. Battery is at 75% after a day with three dives. When I don't use it for diving, it is at 85 - 90 % after one day. Sometimes I don't use it for weeks, charge drops with like 1-2 % a week.

I charge to 100% and let it drop to 10-20% when needed, no problem.

So, no sign of wear after three years. But dropping in a AA in a Perdix is also a good solution, and I like the larger screen.

I dive with both - I got the teric first then got the PAI as well as backup/main. My Teric is from the very first batch making it "old" already..

If my battery is <10% - charging is a hassle.. it takes a few inserts into the cradle to get it above >10% and in between there's failures (red light) and "i'm full" (green blinking) lights. Once charged it stays okay for several dives on a day but usually after a few weeks the battery is drained again

On the PAI - I was still running the first battery after 15 dives over 6 months - I replaced it while it was still showing green but at around 20% or so .. energy wise - a way better investment

Diving wise.. I like both actually.. the PAI is sometimes a bit of a hassle with the buttons but thats probably also because I'm more used to the Teric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom