Teric and Nitrox diving - Rec divers take care re method of changing gas (affects MOD).

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it says 3 minutes and then it takes 6 minutes, I do not count that as correct. It may be correct with respect to a theoretical model that thinks I am carrying gas that I am not, but I need correct with respect to ME and my actual situation.
I agree with you - in fact we had an incident a fews days ago when my buddy had his 50% 'on' but wasn't carrying it. Id really like the TTS to show using the current active gas, at least then you have an accurate time -or for the main screen to show what other gasses are switched on

I agree with you - in fact we had an incident a fews days ago when my buddy had his 50% 'on' but wasn't carrying it. Id really like the TTS to show using the current active gas, at least then you have an accurate time -or for the main screen to show what other gasses are switched on

I like the idea of displaying other On gases on the Home Screen, even if it's just to show a dot or something to say another gas is On. Let's see what SW come up with.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, however I had a good friend ask me a question directly related to this discussion. They also dive a shearwater Teric and had left their active gas set to EN32 but were infact diving on air, single AL80. They realised after the dive.

The question is: does anyone know a way to re-calculate the SurfGF from the log file using Air instead of EN32? I imagine if it were possible it would be as simple as replaying the depth and time log through some dive software using 21% O2 - though I don't have any experience with this myself.

Edit: I figured out how to export a log file from Shearwater desktop and simply edit the values of the Fraction O2 column. But there doesn't seem to be a way to import this back into SW Desktop, so presumably need to use other software

Edit 2: I managed to figure out a long winded way. Export from Shearwater desktop as UDDF, Import this into Subsurface. With this method it imports the time and depth logs but with no gas mix. I then manually added the gas mix for air and it calculates the GF based on this.

Playing around with a previously logged dive I'd done on EN32, originally the SurfGF for that dive was 27%. When I ran the Air calculation in Subsurface the SurfGF was 50%. Leaving this info here in case someone finds it useful.

Yes, once it's in Subsurface, it's easy. I once converted a week's worth of nitrox dives I did in Cozumel to air to show my son why he should get his nitrox card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom