Tenkiller dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1MyWay

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I normally do not go to Tenkiller lake on a regular basis, but had to on 07/16 to finish my drysuit cert. As many of you know the lake is way down due to the dam mantinence. However, this is the first time I had dove the new scuba park since the bus and boats had been placed for our enjoyment. The visibility was about what I expected 4-6 feet and the temp was in the 60's at depth. I did not wear my weezle extreme undergarment for the dive, instead I wore only a t-shirt and shorts. I was diving in my new Pinnacle dry suit, double AL80's, a Dive Rite HID 10. I did three dives with a total bottom time of about 90 minutes. I did a swim through in the bus and totally destroyed the vis. I have to tell you diving with a drysuit and double tanks will put your confidence down the toilet. If I was diving a wetsuit and a single tank I can put myself anywere I want for any amout of time, but with all the extra gear it made me feel like I was back on my OW dives. I did see some of the largest largemouth bass I had ever seen at any lake during the day. One of the bass would have weighted 6-7 lbs (no drinking involved yet). I am going to Ornogo MO on 0722-0723 for some deep stuff and will give a report when I return.

Back
Top Bottom