Temporary Alterations - DUI TLS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keith.M

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I picked up a used, never seen water, DUI TLS drysuit.

From the size charts, I had to look for XL as I have a 44 chest and weigh 190 at 5' 9". (I was 198 6 weeks ago and plan on continuing down to 175 as my goal, possibly then needing large instead of XL)

The arms and legs are around 2 - 4 inches too long.

I am looking to do a temporary alteration to both as I get started in drysuit diving.

My thought was to use double sided tape on the inside. Folding the material back on itself and the tape to the desired length. Making the suit more appropriate for my size now, but with the ability to remove the tape in the future should I decide the suit does not work for me any more.

Has anyone done anything like this? Does it sound likle a reasonable idea?

Since the sleeves are too long, give it a try. The worst it will do, is come undone during a dive, but you are still dry. The other option is to send it off, and get the sleeves shortened, aka $$$$$.

I did it to simulate a contemplated alteration.

I used common duct tape. I would have some reservation about getting take that will adhere despite repetetive condensation/wetness while be removable latter without damaging the fabric finish. The real waterproofing is an intermediate layer so this may not be a big deal.

Pete

So how did the duct tape work out? When you removed it where you able to get he adhesive off of the suit?

Did you have to use some kind of solvent?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom