Tell me your choice and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We own both. Both are great well breathing regulators. Both have excellent reputations with service available worldwide.

One thing to consider is that unless you are very confident in the owner or history of the used Scubapro you will need to pay for an inspection and possibly serviced, an added cost.

Me? I would go for the Aqualung. My only concern is if it has an ACD and I assume it does. I am not a fan of those but that’s just my personal bias.

No need for a diaphragm, then. Sounds like the practical answer is you will be happy with either. I'd look into the cost of service to help make a decision, though.

Personally although I went to the store once to buy a Mk25/S600 (came home with an Atomic instead) - I'd buy the Legend mostly because it;s new. Does it still have the warranty paperwork?

I don't see how you cab go wrong with either though as both are top of their brand. MK 25's are known for delivering a lot of air - there' s a video showing one with a 2nd on every LP port and the testers all got enough air. I personally also like Legends also but the nearest dealer to me is about 40mi away. My Atomic or Scubapro dealers under 5.

The Aqualung ABS octo does not get many favorable reviews here so buy an Apeks Egress instead - both serviceable at an Aqualung dealer since they're sister companies. They are $40 more. Apeks Egress Octopus

Both seemed to be bargins for what they were. I've been out of diving for about 15 years. Now that I want to get back into it, I am finding myself having to research everything.

I am looking for a reg with a proven track record and that will last for years to come. I really don't have a preference regarding diaphragm or piston. I don't have enough experience to be able to discern the difference. I am in GA and will probably never do any cold water diving. I'll make a few trips to FL cost and springs, but will put in most of my dives in the local quarries.

any interest in self service? or any objections to buying full regulator sets that are used?

Legend, I don't like piston regs.the Legend, IMO, is better suited, being a sealed diaphragm, to all diving conditions, cold, dirty etc and doesn't require the sane level of post dive care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom