Tell me your choice and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poolecw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
If you had the choice of a brand-new Aqualung Legend LX first and second stage or a used scubapro MK25 with s555 for the same price, which would you choose?

what are you going to do for an octo and gauges is where I was going with that one, sorry

Don't know which octo, but that would be a separate purchase. I would keep it the same make as the first stage though. As for spg, just something simple and small like the Cressi mini.

Last edited:
Your octo should be the same as the 2nd stage you use... Don't buy into the just get a cheap regulator for a octo.. When it's needed, You don't want crap.

Jim..

@poolecw what drove you to those two regulators in particular?

Both seemed to be bargins for what they were. I've been out of diving for about 15 years. Now that I want to get back into it, I am finding myself having to research everything.

I am looking for a reg with a proven track record and that will last for years to come. I really don't have a preference regarding diaphragm or piston. I don't have enough experience to be able to discern the difference. I am in GA and will probably never do any cold water diving. I'll make a few trips to FL cost and springs, but will put in most of my dives in the local quarries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom