tell me how this system sounds...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuck e:
As long as you are still assembling and are leaning to PPro, check out a Matrox card. www.matrox.com. It comes bundled with full versions of Adobe PPro, Audition, and Encore. You can edit in real time and view results on the fly with a TV or monitor.

Any idea what the street price of the Matrox card is??

I seem to remember that Matrox built some of the first PC based non-linear editing systems back around '93 or '94. Avid was still Mac based and so was Scitex. The company I worked for at the time wouldn't give me the $$$$ to buy one or two.

MikeC:

I seem to remember that Matrox built some of the first PC based non-linear editing systems back around '93 or '94. Avid was still Mac based and so was Scitex. The company I worked for at the time wouldn't give me the $$$$ to buy one or two.

I looked at Matrox, and if I'm not mistaken I think they were running at least $200.

cheers

Billy S.

MikeC:

QUOTE]
Apparently Matrox stopped bundling the RT.X10 with Adobe software, but only offer it with the RT.X100 for $1099. This bundle also includes Adobe After Effects. However, the firewire-1394 site lists an ADS Pyro board with PPro1.5, Encore, and Audition for $450. The software alone is worth 3 times that even if you throw out the board!

http://www.firewire-1394.com/matrox-rtx100-collection.htm
http://www.matrox.com/video/press/releases/home.cfm

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention:

Samsung 80 gb IDE hard drive

cheers

Billy S.

Back
Top Bottom