Tell me about your 1st Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
My first night dive wasn't too far removed from a daytime dive in low vis water.
We did a shore dive at a dive site with which we were very familiar.
Same here, basically no big deal.

It was dark. :D

Gary D.

My first night dive was the manta dive off Kona. It was excellent! I have also done some night snorkels off La Jolla cove, also excellent. When the bio lumenescence is happening it is absolutely surreal.

Well it was one of my best dives ever, a creature extravaganza. We saw and angel shark, leopard shark, 2 horn sharks, 5 octopus including 2 thumb sized babies, 3 moray eels including a bit less frequently seen open water swimmer, 12 bat rays all bigger than me, and we got to observe one of them working feverishly on a mussel cluster. The popping of the shells was an amazing and humbling sound.

Visibility was a very rare 40+ foot for the laguna area. It was on this dive that I think I established a permanent residence for my heart in the underwater world. There is nothing like night diving, I'd do it exclusively, save my schedule.

Oh It was sweet! Seen the Moon from the bottom! fresh water lake. second time was the ocean,man it was more SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! it all changes,you see what you look at,some fish tuck in others come out to hunt!
Nothing like a hot night and a night dive with some pals! NOTHING!
Brad

My first night dive was at Roatan. We had 100ft. of visibility. I saw everything from squid, monstorous crab's and lobster's, to a moray eel. I had a lot of fun with a few stories.

My first night dive sucked. But it was in a mucky lake in Minnesota. I lost track of the surface and bottom and got vertigo. I figured it out, but that 30 seconds stunk.

It did a couple night dives in Cozumel in October (both at Cedral Pass) and they were awesome. Green Morays, sleeping sea turtles, many octopi, etc, etc, etc.... My best night dives ever.

I have also done night dives in the Bahamas and off of Grand Turk. My favorite dives are night dives. Read the night dive info, get a good light and a back up, and go for it. Night diving rules!

My first night dive was wonderful (Lime Cay).
Despite having dived the same site many times over at night it was a totally different experience.
At night it felt like the water wasn't there, the shafts of light penetrating through the water reminds me of dappled light filtering through the canopies of trees.

It was beautiful, ethereal and memorable, will remember it always :D.

Puerto Galera, Philippines.

Got down, loving every minute of it until my light (no back-up) flooded. Being smart, I swam up to my buddy who WAS carrying a spare, and as I reached her, she kicked my mask off. Dive aborted and mask lost.

Went back to the same place next night and had an absolute ball. Also the DM found a rather familiar mask!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom