Tell me about diving in the Philippines - Atlantis resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would like to jump in and ask when is the best time to go? I can go anytime, and would like to go at a great time. If I go before aug 31, I get 25% off. Thanks for all the info.

LOL, why do you suppose they've got that 25% off sale exactly then? So the answer is that it depends on your yardstick--if you are measuring by cost, well then going before August is the "best" time. If you're measuring by conditions, you'll have to pay high season rates since the summer-sale time is typhoon season!

I was at Duma for two weeks last July and got "stuck" there for days on end because no ferries were running due to a typhoon, also our choice of dive sites was limited, and the ones we could dive had reduced visibility. I still had a great trip and went at that time for reasons that had nothing to do with the weather, but that just goes to demonstrate that it really depends on what your priorities are.

Would like to jump in and ask when is the best time to go? I can go anytime, and would like to go at a great time. If I go before aug 31, I get 25% off. Thanks for all the info.
If you can save 25% on the trip but pay the premium for the flight then there is not saving I afraid.
The best time between now and end of Aug for diving at either Dumaguete or PG is NOW until mid June.
Typhoon is quite rare during this period. But from Apr onwards anything is possible.

alright then, now I know summer is Typhoon season, best time to go is before june. Diving is the priority for me, airfare is cheap right now for May, so will book today.

Good move! Most people don't have the option of making a snap decision like that for a trip that's so soon. Lucky you that you do have that option! Enjoy your stay with Atlantis!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom