Tell me about diving in the Philippines - Atlantis resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks all - although I really am no caring about quality of resorts, or comparing them - at this point, it is either this trip or no (somewhere else with a group) - so I am more interested in the actual diving - I know I asked about the resorts, but sounds like they are more than sufficient for me

When we flight from one island to the other, are we taking little small planes that fly low enough we don't have to worry about DCS or do we have to skip a day of diving in the middle of the trip?
You will be flying above 9,000m so no-fly time is to be observed. But in PG you can enjoy a round of golf(small course) up in the mountain or island(beach) hopping etc etc. to off gas!
I really have to splash in order to spend 3k in both Dumaguete and PG!!!!

I really have to splash in order to spend 3k in both Dumaguete and PG!!!!

what exactly do you mean by this? Are you saying that the diving is not that great in these places and you would have to be desperate for a dive to spend that kind of money?

what exactly do you mean by this? Are you saying that the diving is not that great in these places and you would have to be desperate for a dive to spend that kind of money?
Make no mistake, diving is good in both places. BUT.....
Everyone dives the same sites so why should I pay US$40.00 instead of 25.00-30.00! And I am NOT talking about diving from "cowboy" operation.

Anyway, you will be in good hand in both Dumaguete and PG.

Last edited:
I've stayed at both Atlantis' several times...you'll have a great trip and made a great choice both in the resorts and the destinations..although there are a lot of places i like better than PG in the Philippines. I wouldnt think twice about your decision..and, when you consider the value that is given by being able to do 5 dives per day on Atlantis' unlimited dive option, 3k is a good value for what you are getting and you are paying far less than $40 per dive, of course

ScottyD, I went to PG and stayed at Atlantis last year for the first time. It was also my first trip to Asia.
you are paying about the best rates you are going to get for those two resorts. You won't be disappointed,
they are very nice resorts, they take very good care of you. If you've never been there go stay with them and spend an afternoon checking some of the other places to get a feel of where you feel comfortable. Then go back on the cheap, because you will want to go back.
Haven't been to Dumaguete, only PG, but plenty to see. Everything is covered in soft corals, critters everywhere you look. Never seen so many Nudi's and Scorpion fish every few feet. Diving from easy to challenging. If your looking for large animals, this may not be your place. If you want to see soft corals and critters everywhere. Go to Philippines

Considering they have done all the planning and all meals are included this is a good deal. You would be hard pressed to find as good a deal on your own without a bunch of planning. I think 5 boat dives is very ambitous and I have never seen that except on live aboards.

Air Travel will be on normal size/equivalent to regional jets in the US, so they will factor in the right amount of Surface Interval for you...

Cheers,
Roger

I agree that this is a pretty good deal for these two resorts. And Atlantis require all their guests to book domestic travel through them (they usually use Cebu Pacific), so one thing to ask would be what those flights (from MNL to DGT and return) are going to cost, and make sure you ask about the baggage limit upgrade as well. My customers who go there always rave about the resorts, the facilities, the professionalism, and the diving.

I dived with both Atlantis and Asia Divers last year in PG and both are excellent, however Atlantis are twice the price of Asia Divers. The accommodation at Atlantis is top class but the food after three days is repetitive and really more than I could eat as it is all an inclusive buffet. I personally prefer Asia Divers because it allows me to eat in other restaurants :)

In Atlantis PG try and book Rusty as a guide, he is on personal terms with many of the critters :wink:

I did five boat dives a day at Atlantis PG. They make it easy.

I also did five dives a day at Atlantis Dumaguete, but some were shore dive at their wonderful house reef.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom