Telemarketer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take your dive alert, hook it up to a tank. When one of them calls ask them to hold a minute and to listen carefully as you tend to speak softly. Put your earplugs in and let rip with the DA. THey will not call you back. Also just got one of those goofy emails about how some cell providers may sell your number to these dirtbags. Anyone else here about this. ANd I'd not put telemarketers in the same category as prostitutes. A good hooker provides a necessary service with no hassles as long as your careful. Nothing at all useful about a telemarketer.

oh..... on last one, just to piss them off.

When they call, ask them for their home telephone number? Whey they ask why? tell them you want to call them at home tonight and bother them when they are busy doing something else.

the next sound you'll hear is **click** as they hang up.

Wasn't meaning to judge anyone -- hope no one took it that way.

Thankfully I only own a cell phone, and so far I've never gotten a telemarketing call on it.

Sorry to tell you this but I just read an article today about how telemarketers are making the move to cell phones.

I'm on a DNC list, and I've been getting called every night by some group in Michigan doing some kind of survey on childrens' immunizations, available to anyone who might have children under the age of 8 in their household. After the third call, and asking repeatedly asking to be removed from their survey as I have no children under the age of 8, they called again, this evening.

Survey Person: "Do you have any children in your home under the age of eight?"
Me: "Well, It did, but It started snacking on them, It did! It getsssss sssso HONGRY!!!"
Survey Person: "....." *click*

:D

Sorry to tell you this but I just read an article today about how telemarketers are making the move to cell phones.

I have had a few on my cell phone and asked where they got my number from, but they hung up. Somebody is selling their phone lists, and I am pretty careful about giving it out except when ordering stuff from the internet, any bills etc. I NEVER post it in an open forum, nor do I let my email address out.

well.... Telemarketers are at it again....

in the last 3 days I've gotten 2 calls, but not from someone trying to sell me something, but from political candidates.

Mike Huckabee called with a recording....

then catch this, Chuck Norris called. I got a laugh out of this one. (he's advertising for Huckabee) :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom