Teeth problems in SCUBA divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never had any teeth problems other than normal tooth aches from cavities been diving since 10 years old. now 72. over 9000 dives plus navy diving for 15 years. some dives on HEo2 over 300ft. Been around divers all my life. never heard of any pressure related problems with teeth. Hope this helps don't know what else I could say in a survey. And I didn't take very good care of my teeth growing up.

Maybe they should do an ophthalmic study as I think diving has given me eye disease. Eye just can't see going back to work after diving. I think it's terminal! :D :D :D

Done. And I have had more than my share of dental work from abuse as a stupid youth!! Should have asked about my wallet problems instead! Now there's a story, especially if you ask if it's related to diving!

Done. Found the question about custom mouthpiece interesting. I use a seacure which fits between the teeth much more than a standard mouth piece so it is just like the mouthpiece I wear a night to prevent tood grinding.

Done. Hope you pay attention to my comments about my experience with some dentists.
Hello Jim, thank you for taking the survey ! I'm sorry to hear that you've had such difficult experiences with some dentists. I hope you now have a good dentist who is more considerate.
Please help us out by sharing this survey with your fellow divers !

Here is the link :
Scuba Divers

Done. I'm wondering, though, if dental problems related to scuba diving aren't more likely to be caused by having a piece of plastic in your mouth for hours at a time, instead of pressure fluctuations.

Also, I notice that you have all the tech agencies on the drop-down menu, but when you ask for highest cert level it's just OW/AOW/Rescue/DM, but the tech certs are missing. I would guess that if you want to infer something about the kind of diving someone is doing, knowing that he or she has a cave or trimix cert will tell you much more than whether someone is AOW or Rescue.

Hello and thank you for taking the survey. I agree that teeth pain could be due to biting down too hard on the mouth piece. We have included that as a possible reason for pain in the options. We would be interested to receive more information on tech certs in the final text box at the end of the survey.

Please share this survey on the other diving forums you participate in !
Thank you

Here is the link :
Scuba Divers

Back
Top Bottom