Tecline LED light US-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KiO

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Did anybody used it? Any opinions of this torch and on the manufacturer in general?
Tecline LED US-12, 8W CREE XML-U2, 800 lm, 6000K-7000K, 10 degree, 3xAAA, 2 hour (!), 132mm x 42mm, 180g w/o batteries.

Thanks Lucca for your input.

Yes, the AAA worries me too, especially since the burn time is 2 hours. I sent an email to the manufacturer to check if they can be replaced with 1x18650.
The US-15 looks even better with the XML-T6 LED and 3xC offering 4,4h burn-time.
Do you know if you can use rechargeable batteries? I'm a bit concerned by its length (22cm).
To bad that all reviews/discussions regarding this torches are in Polish.

The other suggestion is out of my price range.

If you would have to choose between C/R14 and 18650 (let's say both top quality), which one would you chose?
And what about choosing between XR-E R2 and XM-L T6?

If you would have to choose between C/R14 and 18650 (let's say both top quality), which one would you chose?

I would choose C/R14 ( a little more heavy , but aveable everywhere , cheap , simple charging ) lion must be really good quality with protecting circuit for discharging and overcharging and really don't like moisture problem is that a very few batteries have advertised capacity
And what about choosing between XR-E R2 and XM-L T6?

depends from use and optics :

XR-E R2 more throwing smaller die with less lumens nice result with lens

XM-L T6 much more power bigger die , wider beam , needs wider lens or reflector ( from 45-65mm), 3x higher consumption , need to be cooled efficient

--------------------------------------------------------------------
i use for backup lamp cree XP-G2 ....litle less

for primary SST-90 10A ....much more

--------------------------------------------------------------------
and advice : buy low quality , will buy twice

Considering that I will use the torch mostly during day in water with relatively good visibility, I guess a smaller beam angle is better. So, don't you think that US-15's 10 degree is a bit to much? I was thinking about GralMarine KX Max with 8 degree beam and 1200lm.
I don't really find much reviews about either of them, so I'm wondering if they are reliable and not something made in China (no offense).

Back
Top Bottom