Technical Nitrox & Trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
The "Technical Diver" which used to be called "Technical Nitrox" can be combined with "Normoxic Trimix" or done by itself.

Thanks Mike. Reading the website criteria for the Technical Diver, I see nothing we didn't get in the normoxic trimix class.

Phil

Cave Diver once bubbled...

Funny everyone should recommend Chuck and the Brine Seep Project...

Chuck is the instructor mentioned in my original post who is no longer teaching.

<snip>

Well, that's news. If that's the case, Chuck might be a good person to ask for a recommendation. He oughta know.

wrongkey once bubbled...

Well, that's news. If that's the case, Chuck might be a good person to ask for a recommendation. He oughta know.

He did indeed give us a recommendation, which is under consideration. One of the reasons I asked for alternatives is due to logistical considerations and scheduling conflicts.

As it stands, thanks to everyone's posts and several PM's I have been given several great options. I'm now in the process of contacting them and getting more information.

Thanks again everyone who responded, you have been a great help!

I know you stated that distance may be in issue but, as a last resort you may consider contacting Jeff Johnson. Jeff is an IANTD instructor for everything from Nitrox, deoc procedures, Trimix, CCR and more the best way to get to know Jeff and his organization is to visit his website; http://www.divesafety.net/Technical.html.

Jeff is an outstanding Instructor in Annapolis, MD! He only does it the safe and right way. If nothing else I am sure Jeff could possible recommend a very good instructor closer to you. Jeff seems to no the IANTD network pretty well.

Good Luck, Doc

Depending on your needs-

I would strongly recommend chickdiver (Heather Coat) :D
She’s awesome and does not toot her own horn enough.
She has done deep caves, deep wrecks and recently went full closed circuit.
A real ***** kicker (positive thing) of a technical instructor.

Last I talked to Tim he was mainly moving advanced training like this to his winter trips to south of the border. They have everything down there including a recompression camber- but it’s a bit expensive.

Good luck on your decision.
Nice to see you posting…
Regards, Andrew

Not that there's anything wrong with resurecting a four year old thread but I imagine the OP has already made his selection.

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom