Technical Instructor in RI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonnyola87

Super Intelligent Shade of the Color Blue
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know any technical instructors actively taking students in Rhode Island? Ideally TDI but I'd prefer a quality teacher over a specific agency. I know Dive On It does PADI TecRec at least. Anyone know of any others?

Giant stride used to do TDI tech.

I would not do PADI for tec.

Highly recommend Richard (Ricky) Simon. Based in CT, not RI, but close enough to make it work. You can find Ricky at the link provided by @VikingDives in the post above.

I would not do PADI for tec.
I am an IT for all PADI OC Tec classes and full cave. I put the standards for these programs on at least par with the other agencies I teach Tec through and better than some.

Once again I say for possible penetration: It is the instructor, not the agency that matters.

I am an IT for all PADI OC Tec classes and full cave. I put the standards for these programs on at least par with the other agencies I teach Tec through and better than some.

Once again I say for possible penetration: It is the instructor, not the agency that matters.

The way PADI tec is organized is just jacked up.

The way PADI tec is organized is just jacked up.
Yea I can't argue against that point.

However, the program standards/requirements and performance objectives are solid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom