Technical Diving Webinar with John Chatterton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was really good, although poor John looked quite tired (must keep up a heck of a schedule...).

I am actually doing the combined Adv Nitrox/Deco Procedure/Extended Range with him in DR in February 2009. Is anyone else going down to DR for that course?

What are the actual dates in Feb cause I want to do Adv Nitrox/Deco classes next year?

I've heard good things about Bernie Chowdhury as a technical dive instructor. He is also the author of the excellent book "The Last Dive". Actually, Laughintom took a class with him, and raved about him.

Coqui

It was really good, although poor John looked quite tired (must keep up a heck of a schedule...).

I am actually doing the combined Adv Nitrox/Deco Procedure/Extended Range with him in DR in February 2009. Is anyone else going down to DR for that course?

He was tired... He had just flown from Cuba to Florida.

I did that course combo in Sept at Pirate's Cove, and it was WELL WORTH IT.

The webinar was very informative last night. I definitely want to take Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures. I need to save $$, having 3 kids does not help. Shadow Divers, The Last Dive, Deep Decent, Fatal Depth & Beyond the Deep are all good books about technical diving extremes.

This is my 1st post in the Dive NY group.

Welcome acamato! I'm definetely going to look at those books. I have my christmas break from college here in a little bit so I might as well do some reading over it. Thanks for the clarification Mats. I knew it was feet under water but I assumed it had to be much more specific than that otherwise they would have just put ft or something.

The webinar was very informative last night. I definitely want to take Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures. I need to save $$, having 3 kids does not help. Shadow Divers, The Last Dive, Deep Decent, Fatal Depth & Beyond the Deep are all good books about technical diving extremes.

This is my 1st post in the Dive NY group.
Hi and welcome to diveny. whats your real name? i will add it to my growing list...and if you have not done so yet, start a thread welcoming yourself....wendy

Wendy,

My real name is Anthony and I just posted a intro post to "New member introductions".

BTW: I was the guy told you to go click the link in the email to solve your problem with the webinar interface.

Anthony

What are the actual dates in Feb cause I want to do Adv Nitrox/Deco classes next year?

The course I am doing runs from 8 - 14 February (if you are going to be away from home on 14 February, make sure you have an understanding wife), but they also run the same combo course from 17 - 23 May (and probably again later in the year).

I attach a link to their traning calendar below.

Pirates Cove Dive Center - Samana, Dominican Republic

Funnily enough, when I booked the course I had no idea who JC was; it was just the nearest place I could fly to learn about Tec diving. Then everyone at my LDS told me who he was. He is very relaxed and user friendly to noobs like me; when I was getting a bit nervous about making the jump he said: "Colin, it is Tec diving, not joining the Navy Seals!" Hopefully that's right. :reaper: :blessing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom