Technical diving in Vietnam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
List,
I just got returned from Vietnam after a weeks worth of diving. I was invited by the owner of Indoshine Divers (Mike Doyle) to teach some technical courses for some students of his. This is one of the best teaching trips that I have done in a long time.I was put up in some of the nicest hotels that are available in Vietnam with excellent food. I was quite surprised of the hospitality of the people in Vietnam. I was picked up at the airport by Mike and was taken to his newly opened recreational/ technical facility. There was a wide vairety of recreational equipment on display with a order of OMS technical equipment on its way. We head down to the dive sites and could not believe the clairity of the water. We got a chance to dive a Japanese wreck that had plenty to look at with alot of marine life. The wreck was in about 40 meters of depth and was only a short boat ride to the site. The boat was quite easy to get on and off. The people at the location where more then happy to help with the loading and unloading of all the equipment. They unloaded all of are double tanks and 02 tanks before we even new it. We got up in the morning for a quick bit to eat while they loaded up all are equipment on the boat for are trip. I would recommend this trip to anyone. If you are interested in doing a trip like this you can reach Mike Doyle at his email address mikedoyle44@hotmail.com
Mike is also the OMS distributor for most of the ASIA area, he can hook you up with all the equipment that you would want.

Bruce

Bruce,

Thanks for that - Vietnam is definitely on my to do list whilst I am based in the far east, and now I can do it with some tek diving - fab!

I'll definitely drop Mike a line sometime soon.

Having said that - Thailand is also on the list, is December a good time?

Cheers
Jonathan

Jonathan,

When you plan on coming to Thailand drop me a line. I live in Pattaya about 2 hours south of Bangkok. I have technical courses and trips going on all the time. I do get down to Phuket at times also.

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom