Techni-Flex by USIA is coming soon!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking for a Drysuit hood (Any recommendations from the group?). I just couldn't bring myself to spend $80.00 on the High Tide hood they were trying to sell me on when the prices I have seen online were generally below $50 for a 5-7mm hood. :ph34r:

They are selling stock sized Techniflex drysuits on sale for $995, MSRP was listed as $1495. I'm guessing that deal is pretty close to the great deal that I got at the dive fair (depends on the undergarment price). :11: :sprint:

One thing that Jerry alluded to is that Underwater Sports is USIA's largest dealer (I think) . They are more then likely going to be able to offer better prices on sheer volume alone then most shops. Nevertheless, even for MSRP I think the drysuit is a deal compared to what else is out there.

Man, I have GOT to see one of these suits now. If it can be had for $1k, I think I've found my suit if it fits me.

Tim_pacnwdiver:
Thanks for posting the pictures. It's hard to see how that attachment systems works from the photos. The straps somehow tie down the pocket...

How secure does it feel? Any flopping or movement when the tugging the Velcro flap open? Seems like the pocket is mounted pretty high on the unit in the picture. I guess that's adjustable...

jagfish:
Thanks for posting the pictures. It's hard to see how that attachment systems works from the photos. The straps somehow tie down the pocket...

How secure does it feel? Any flopping or movement when the tugging the Velcro flap open? Seems like the pocket is mounted pretty high on the unit in the picture. I guess that's adjustable...

The system is the same used in a wide variety of tactical gear to see how it works maybe take a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_Lightweight_Load-carrying_Equipment
and
http://www.spectergear.com/modular_thigh_rig.htm

In the picture it's not attached, I'm holding the pocket in my hand. I haven't had a chance to dive it since the order had a couple problems and it may be awhile before I can pick it up.

The pocket is zippered since I like having an open top to pull stuff out of and I have faith that if troops use the same system to mount ammo and pistols it will be plenty secure for my SMB, spare mask and other pocket stuff..

Just wondering what kind of problems did you have with the order? Just curious because I am waiting for mine.

Rico867:
Just wondering what kind of problems did you have with the order? Just curious because I am waiting for mine.

The problems are related to custom sizing and my short legs and a seperate LDS mistake. The suit looked great and I really wanted to take it but it needs to be made right first.

The wait is hard but the suit really did look and feel great.

Does anyone have an after dive report to share?

PerroneFord:
Man, I have GOT to see one of these suits now. If it can be had for $1k, I think I've found my suit if it fits me.

Last time I was in Underwater Sports here in Seattle there was still the sign on the wall- stock sizes are $995. They had one in the store that had a gaudy blue hyacinth pattern across the front diagonal. You'd look good, and it would brighten up the collective.
gomi_

The collective wears black with red overlays. Pretty bright. I wonder if I could order through Underwater Sports. Do they do mail order?

PerroneFord:
The collective wears black with red overlays. Pretty bright. I wonder if I could order through Underwater Sports. Do they do mail order?

Hehe, I just tried on the suit today. Large was in the store, I think I need a medium tall, but the undergarment I tried with it was black with red panels. I'd take a look at the Underwater Sports website, and send them an email or phone call. At the most drastic, maybe somebody here in Seattle could ship it to you.
gomi_

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom