Tech Wreck numbers as promised

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldpirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As promised at Ghostships on Saturday, March 8, the numbers for the schooner that MSRA identified off Saugatuck, Michigan have been posted on the Michigan Shipwreck Research Associates web site.

From the main page, click on "Discovery", then on the discovery page, click "Hamilton".

Remember, this is an extremely deep, technical dive (275') and is not for everyone! :no

Enjoy!

I just added a drawing of the wreck by local artist Robert Doornbos. It's low res (on purpose) so that no one copies it. He sells beautiful drawings like this and I don't want anyone snatching it! her's also done the SS Michigan and the Hennepin for us.

The wreck has been thoroughly surveyed by divers Todd White, Jeff Vos and Bob Underhill. It's a bit of a mess, they tell me, but amazingly intact for a schooner of that era. Mr. Doornbos used their photos and video to draw the image. Enjoy!

I don't have any photos or video for the web site yet. Other members of the group have them and I've seen them. There's some good stuff!

We are thinking about adding videos to our web site soon, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom