Tech Shorts Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey it sounds doable but at that price I would rather buy another years diving
and wouldn't carry extra gear unless I was diving to the bathplug of the ocean

in the Philippines

Have you checked this guy out

Great website, i didn't check that out, it looks full of ressources, thank for the link :)

Fair point on the price, i'm really just exploring option for now.
I usually don't get cold as my fellow buddies and was thinking short to be more confortable and so then why not having extra storage for dsmb, lights, plates etc...
Reading on all tech short, it feels the FE are the best one and to be last longing.

hey guys,
any feedback on the fourth element short when it's wore bare just over a swimsuit ?
i'm gonna be diving in the philipinnes in warm water, i'm currently debating buying those to use without a wetsuit... doable ?
I have the Apeks tech shorts (newest version) and initially used them over just a full body rash guard, and that worked great, so I think you'll be fine.

The new scubapro's have fixed the pocket size issue and are half the price of the 4th element or the Apeks (I can't believe I'm saying that scubapro is better priced than something else!).

I have some cheapo Amazon shorts (seaskin I think) that work well by themselves. So far they've held up to a week in Florida, two mutli dive days here off Texas and at least 6 pool sessions and have no signs of damage or wear. I know it's not a lot yet, but for $70 it's worth considering if it's just for the trip.

having extra storage for dsmb, lights, plates etc...

....cutlery sandwiches bottle of wine screwtop, waterproof serviettes

You're going to have the wonderful privilege of diving warm with fish why take junk

You know here I am in a jacket bc with my torches clipped and strapped down the shoulder straps

364 26232328_1795887217119559_5507116560859510058_oa.jpg

my dsmb is clipped to my left side with double enders next to torches with bc pockets full of water

Dive free when you can man dive free

The new scubapro's have fixed the pocket size issue and are half the price of the 4th element or the Apeks (I can't believe I'm saying that scubapro is better priced than something else!).

I have some cheapo Amazon shorts (seaskin I think) that work well by themselves. So far they've held up to a week in Florida, two mutli dive days here off Texas and at least 6 pool sessions and have no signs of damage or wear. I know it's not a lot yet, but for $70 it's worth considering if it's just for the trip.
I replaced my old Apeks with a set of Seaskins from Amazon. They work great, especially for the price. I have a bunch of cold water dives with them on top of my 9mm suit, along with some vacation diving wearing the shorts right over my trunks and they barely look used. The pockets are plenty big, hold their shape and fold up out of the way when empty.

So, admittedly a (potentially) stupid question, but why couldn't I just cut off an old pair of fatigue pants and use them? Why do I need to pay for biker shorts with pockets?

Byrdman

Did you hear the one about the cool people and the smart people walking into the dive shop

The cool people walked out with more

Ghetto is grand

But don't get between a man and his tech shorts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom