Tech Shorts Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravelGas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I saw in another thread do not buy the Apeks Tech shorts, which is what I was going to buy.
Any recomendations on what is the best Tech shorts out there right now?

I don't think there are any really good tech shorts out at the moment. About 10 years ago there were some there got good reviews, but they don't exist anymore. Everything now is just OK at best. I keep waiting for some great short to hit the market for my warm water diving. It has been a few years now, still nothing.

If you don’t like Apeks, Fourth Element and Mares make solid tech shorts. Scubapro shorts pockets are too small. I use the DGX version of the XS Scuba shorts and find them adequate but the pockets are smaller than FE and Mares (but bigger than Scubapro) and the inseam is very short.

Scubapro has newly designed shorts that came out only few months ago. I have no idea about their pockets since I haven't received them. I hope to get one before summer.
Hopefully they increased the pocket size significantly. Nevertheless, I suspect FE and Mares will be a better value feature-wise even with their relatively high price tag.

Hopefully they increased the pocket size significantly. Nevertheless, I suspect FE and Mares will be a better value feature-wise even with their relatively high price tag.
1642212868038.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom