Tech Shorts Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, the ZeePro short is super cheap and the quality is oK but the pockets are pretty small. I like it when diving sidemount for small stuff. Bigger pockets would anyway bother in sidemount configuration.

The outer zipper on Halcyon and Fourth Element tech shorts are on the flap that closes the main pocket. The main compartment is a velcro closure. You can put some small items in the flap like extra double enders etc.
Mask defog…

The newer Apeks shorts are supposed to be a lot better than the previous ones, but I went with the Fourth Element Tech Shorts. Those pockets are amazing. They're the same as the pockets on their Argonaut dry suit.

I have the Highland/XS Scuba neoprene pocket shorts and they worked well for diving in Hawaii over my 3mm wetsuit. The pockets expand large enough to hold SMB/spool on one side and a spare mask and wetnotes on the other. They only have a drawstring which is not ideal, but they didn't fall down after I cinched the drawstring pretty tight.
Using the same here. If the harness allow, i pass the webing through the side string laces, and it improves stability, but i guess there are better models out there regardiing the thightenig system

What's the issue with apeks tech shorts? I have the newer ones and they're great. Massive pockets and fit comfortably. The only annoying thing was the small bungees that I've since replaced with bigger ones. And maybe a lack of metal d rings in the pockets.

I had a pair of the Mares which had some defects and ripped on the first weekend, but they were good enough to swap out and send a new pair. I don't normally use them but they survived 10 days of diving wrecks at Chuuk in good shape.

Back
Top Bottom