tech fins for foot heavy people???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the difference in using a short stiff fin vs. something like the dive rite or the quattros? what circumstances are these fins best suited for? i want to pursue cave diving so i know that frog kick is going to be my main means of propulsion are the more flexible fins like the dive rites or the quattros better suited for a cave environment or should i stick to the slipstreams?

Most of my buddies who scooter most of the time have the diverite fin. Most who swim have jets or slipstreams. The power is hard to match, I like the diverite fin too but in flow and small passage I prefer the slipstream. Either is good, just decide what you want.

For me, the short fins are good when poking around under piers or in wrecks. It means I'm not kicking everything and although I haven't ever cave dived, I have dived some sites with very silty bottoms and found them to be good for not silting everything up and also very good for turning.

Most of the time I am barely even frog kicking, just float along, but as I said, on a long surface swim or in current where you are constantly scissor kicking, because they are wide and stiff they are killers on your legs.

Back
Top Bottom