Tech diving regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halcyon has no equivalent of the Scubapro MK19/G260 regulator at all. The MK19 first stage is a new first stage that came out this year, 2021. Halcyon has a "G250" but no G260.

I'd go with a MK25 or the Mk19 for first stages and any of the s600, G260, A700 and the D420 second stages.
Not quite, the MK19 pre Evo has been about for a few years just not the US. The Evo designation is new but not the actual MK19.

Halcyon is more Scubapro than Scubapro is being Halcyon and Halcyon doesn’t have equivalent product for Scubapro MK19 Evo which is environmentally sealed diaphragm with rotating turret and fifth port. Halcyon H50 is Scubapro MK17 and h75 is Scubapro MK25.

Given the fact that you are in Canada (possibly colder waters) and going with GUE (mostly backmount) with addition of getting good prices, I would pick H50D if i was in your shoes.

I just got servicing kits from scubagaskets specially put together with viton o rings the day after I asked for my MK17 and I don’t think so you will ever feel difficulty to obtain service kits.
Kits, did I hear someone say kits, I can get kits, how many you want...mine are OEM.

Not quite, the MK19 pre Evo has been about for a few years just not the US. The Evo designation is new but not the actual MK19.

I am in the EMEA region and I haven't seen an MK19 in SP's catalog since circa 2013.

I am in the EMEA region and I haven't seen an MK19 in SP's catalog since circa 2013.

You may well be correct, I don't know exact history. I guess all I was trying to say was that the MK19 wasn't new new. I have a schematic dated 2007. Some folk think the MK19 is new. Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom