Tec diver dies in air deep dive challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trimix 180, AIR 120 , from 66m、80m、90m、100m、120m, he step by step on the stairs to heaven, left his wife and children on the ground.
Am I reading right? 5 dives before this dive, his max depth was <66m?

EDIT: (removed the following, not yet supported by evidence, my question was answer with a no)
If so, he perfectly fits my point! He was diving just to hit numbers, and those numbers were rapidly escalating without consolidating his experience.

Am I reading right? 5 dives before this dive, his max depth was <66m?

If so, he perfectly fits my point!
No, he spend years on trimix deep diving, I don't know when he started challenging air deep diving or how many dives. his air depth record is 120m.

2) Which is why I spoke in percentages. Nobody here knows if I went from 50ft to 51ft, 100ft to 102ft, or 128ft to 130ft.
My point was only that you seem to put some level of importance to increasing your depth.

I guess I misunderstood, and of so, my apologies.

The Guiness comment was tongue in cheek.

No, he spend years on trimix deep diving, I don't know when he started challenging air deep diving or how many dives. his air depth record is 120m.
I'll go back and edit my response based on this.

My point was only that you seem to put some level of importance to increasing your depth.
I do put a lot of impotence on it!

I don't like increasing it for no reason, even with reason I don't like large increases. It's asking for trouble.

I guess I misunderstood, and of so, my apologies.
Accepted.

The Guiness comment was tongue in cheek.
So was my response (mostly, the WTF later set me off a bit).

@L13 There is a depth after which diving deeper without changing mix is just playing Russian roulette. And continuing to go deeper is just starting with more bullets in the revolver, however slowly you are taking.

@L13 There is a depth after which diving deeper without changing mix is just playing Russian roulette. And continuing to go deeper is just starting with more bullets in the revolver, however slowly you are taking.
Totally agree. Not sure why you directed it at me...

@L13, I'll give you a serious response; evidently you missed my emojii.
By calling something a "personal record," you are also saying "personal best." Look it up. Unequivovcal.

The implication that deeper is better, i.e. "best," is what is wrong with referring to personal record.
Call it your max depth without assigning it a goodness adjective.
My max depth (on air) was 184 ft. It was the stupidest dive I've ever done; if anything -- I mean anything -- had gone sideways, I'd not have survived. Would going to 185 ft now be a personal record?

Would going to 185 ft now be a personal record?
Yeah, that would be in your personal record. And still shallower that the french air MOD and only slighty deeper than the BSAC MOD for air. 😬

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom