Team Canada...#1!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also want to congratulate our USA team. Silver ain't nothin' to sneeze at!!!

All-in-all I think both teams showed remarkable sportsmanship and ability. There were no fights, no cussing and no hissy fits. If all hockey was like this game I would watch it.

Hey hosers, it's aboot time Canada won a gold anyway, doncha thnk eh?

Well, atleast losing to Canada is better than losing to those whiney Russians. ;-0

Originally posted by Dee
I also want to congratulate our USA team. Silver ain't nothin' to sneeze at!!!

All-in-all I think both teams showed remarkable sportsmanship and ability. There were no fights, no cussing and no hissy fits. If all hockey was like this game I would watch it.

Any one participating in the Olympics should be proud of themselves. It's quite an accomplishment to get there, and to come away with any kind of medal is quite something.

Yup - if all the games were as "clean" as that one was played, they'd have me glued in front of the TV too.

Congrats to Canada on a terrific win. I can't say we are very hockey savvy over here but I was gripped by a great sporting spectacle.

And hey what about that ladies curling, 1st GB gold since Torvil & Dean in a sport that 20k here play, ratings show that 6m brits watched our brilliant girls live.

Neil

Hey Canucks....ya'll have your very own team song! Paul Brandt re-wrote one of his songs and it's really cool!

Canadian Team Song

First the Women, then the Men... gold in Hockey! :clapping:

CANADA RULES!!!

:moose:

~SubMariner~

YEAH BABY!!!

50 years and a loonie and dime at centre ice was all it took.......

Congrats to both teams - it really was a great game to watch

I AM CANADIAN!!

:cool:

50 years and a loonie and dime at centre ice was all it took.......

Oh, is THAT what they're calling a Twoonie these days? :wink:

I watched a segment where one of the American announcers was talking about the coin in the ice. They focussed in on it... it was obviously a Twoonie: silvery middle, golden outer ring. But he called it a Loonie.

At that point I guess someone brought it to his attention that it was in fact a TWOONIE, not a LOONIE, and he corrected himself. :huh:

~SubMariner~:

SubMariner - I'm guessing you have knowledge of our "unique currency" - but it was a dime on top of a loonie. They had an interview with the icemaker from Edmonton - he and his US counterpart were responsible for the ice surface. At first he had laid only a dime, but then place a loonie underneath it before the ice was installed. However, - I think I remember catching the interview you saw as well..... but our twoonie would look almost identical to a loonie with a dime on top. My .02 and thats about all its worth!

Back
Top Bottom