TDC-3 by Technical Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This computer sits unused in a box somewhere. If you are really looking for a TDC-3 I can probably make you a good deal on one.

I had issues where the computer would never clear the last stop. I uploaded history, graphs, and everything. The response was...you are using the computer wrong, this would never happen if you were using VPM model, it is because diving with GF is bad, etc.

Eventually I stopped trusting the computer and stopped contacting the developer about issues seen because they would never be fixed and always be explained away as a problem with the GF algorithm or how I was diving (last stop a 20ft versus 10ft). Garmin and Shearwater never had an issue clearing the last stop...the TDC-3 failed every time. Every time there was an issue with the computer clearing stops, the response was "These are all problems of GF".

There are some features I really do like about the design (Programmable stop depths in gauge mode), but when I relied on it to act as a dive computer to match my Shearwater and Garmin...it failed each an every time.

I am happy to send the email describing the problems I reported and the responses received.

I suspect if you dive this in VPM mode...it is going to be an amazing computer! Stay away from GF though.

This computer sits unused in a box somewhere. If you are really looking for a TDC-3 I can probably make you a good deal on one.

I had issues where the computer would never clear the last stop. I uploaded history, graphs, and everything. The response was...you are using the computer wrong, this would never happen if you were using VPM model, it is because diving with GF is bad, etc.

Eventually I stopped trusting the computer and stopped contacting the developer about issues seen because they would never be fixed and always be explained away as a problem with the GF algorithm or how I was diving (last stop a 20ft versus 10ft). Garmin and Shearwater never had an issue clearing the last stop...the TDC-3 failed every time. Every time there was an issue with the computer clearing stops, the response was "These are all problems of GF".

There are some features I really do like about the design (Programmable stop depths in gauge mode), but when I relied on it to act as a dive computer to match my Shearwater and Garmin...it failed each an every time.

I am happy to send the email describing the problems I reported and the responses received.

I suspect if you dive this in VPM mode...it is going to be an amazing computer! Stay away from GF though.
Very bad news, this computer had something more, at least in the original idea.

Very bad news, this computer had something more, at least in the original idea.
interestingly, but ....The TDC-3 is no longer available. We are looking into a new model, but nothing to announce an this time.
had a question I went to the source... so I could still buck for a divesoft freedom +.. or hold out.. keep using my garmin mk2

Understood I saw the DarwinBsd watch [ultra]/cellphone only thing is depth limit. [got to admit the ability to hit the surface and make a phonecall is a nice feature]

I got my garmin mk2 ( last month my first dive computer since I started diving in the 80's) looking for a backup was considering the divesoft freedom + and this caught my interest.... looking for something I can use with BSD and Linux.. considering multi-deco works on linux and this ran multi-deco... I was hoping there would not be a need to pay the OS tax... mac/pc

Subsurface is free and runs on Linux (and Windows and Mac and iOS and Android). The dive planner module (only in desktop version) is excellent and supports planning using Gradient Factors or VPM-B.

Back
Top Bottom