Tapatalk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KenGordon

Contributor
Reaction score
Can we have it back please? Or some similar app based viewing solution.

Either you have dropped it because you are unable to support it technically or because it steals your advertising revenue. I understand those are real issues, on the other hand....

There are reasons why apps are extremely popular. They can do a much better job than a web page. They understand the layout and constraints of the device, they need only fetch the data, not the whole world. I could go on.

About 99.99% of my use of Scubaboard is via an iPad and often getting data over mobile networks. This site renders ok in safari but is not at all mobile friendly. So the experience is rather diminished.

I had ads/clickbait in my Tapatalk nothing intrusive here I like it.

Please tapatalk or other app.

This website sucks on a phone

I have tried to work with this on my S5 without Tapatalk. Chews up data and too slow/crowded. Looks like it's desktop or laptop. No more mobile. Tapatalk was fast and convenient. Took a while to figure out how to remove read PM's as well. Not intuitive at all.

Need Tapatalk back please. Viewing on an iPhone or iPad is not enjoyable. May give this up after all these years if a better mobile solution is not offered. Right now, it's awful.

+1 for restoring Tapatalk functionality. I've just spent a fair bit of time reading the board with Safari on my iPad, and the Tapatalk interface is superior in many ways.

Short answer on Tapatalk. No.

Tapatalk doesn't support the site sponsors. Without them, there would be no site. Therefore no Tapatalk.

Please support the SB Sponsors. They have kept this site running for 16 years.

It's no secret that this site is advertiser supported. If it wasn't it would probably have to cost money, as the server bills for a site this size isn't pennies. We can't host this on the $5 a month wordpress hosting from hostgator... you know :wink:

Fair enough. Please email us when you have an app available for iPhone or Android.

I understand the issue with wanting us to see ads. However I will stop using SB almost entirely without it or another good solution. I'm not going to change my browsing habits to a PC just for SB. If I'm not here to see the ads, you aren't doing the advertisers any favors.

Also what are doing about in-browser ad blockers?

Subscribers (go red) can turn off the ads.

Honestly, since the change over I have been on exclusively from my phone or tablet. Its been alot more functional than tapatalk. Tapatalk puts ads in the time line feed that look like threads. Here the ads are in the perimeters.

For shortcut, I saved the URL to my home screen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom