Tapatalk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't even get the full version on Blackberry. That is what sucks. And I am looking at other options like going to a higher profile on other boards and directing people to them from here for PM's. I guess I just don't understand why the old version was so bad.

This is an upgrade, its better.

You can't expect old features to work, or to be carried on to the new level of coolness that ScubaBoard has risen to. We have surpassed all that with the new version, its faster, despite the fact that its not noticably any faster, its better, despite the fact that nothing works, and its shiny and new.

Embrace the new board, workability and effeciency be damned, those features are so yesterday.

This is an upgrade, its better.

You can't expect old features to work, or to be carried on to the new level of coolness that ScubaBoard has risen to. We have surpassed all that with the new version, its faster, despite the fact that its not noticably any faster, its better, despite the fact that nothing works, and its shiny and new.

Embrace the new board, workability and effeciency be damned, those features are so yesterday.
That part is certainly true. It's also not re-skinned, tuned beyond the basics or de-bugged.

And if nothing works - how did you post here?

And SB also happens to be the largest (by far) .vBulletin Scuba forum. And possibly one of their more complex installations - across multiple servers. Probably one of the largest run by volunteers also.

You've been around long enough to remember the previous upgrade - the one where the board was down for a week - and even SB2 was started in the interim. Prefer to have that happen again? We could've probably done a better job of tuing if that had happened. Instead there was a partial morning outage to get to this point.

But don't let any of this affect your whining while you're uiing it for free. :shakehead:

But don't let any of this affect your whining while you're uiing it for free. :shakehead:

The fastest way to clear this board out, is to charge users for the 'privelage' to post here. I've seen it happen with other boards, no matter what software they are running - the users are what make the forum worth a damn :wink: So go ahead and wave around the $$$ arguement all you want, there's a metric buttload of free forums already in existance.

So whats anyone gaining out of this upgrade again?

The fastest way to clear this board out, is to charge users for the 'privelage' to post here. I've seen it happen with other boards, no matter what software they are running - the users are what make the forum worth a damn :wink: So go ahead and wave around the $$$ arguement all you want, there's a metric buttload of free forums already in existance.

So whats anyone gaining out of this upgrade again?

The second fastest way is arrogant and argumentative staff.

Of course it works, for the most part. But like you, I have yet to hear what significant and tangible benefits the newest and shiniest version offers over the previous version.

Quit making waves, you get to use this forum for free - dontcha know that? :)

If its our privelage to post here, let them charge us for it. It'd be fun to see which other free forum all the users end up migrating to... with all the revenue generating sponsors(who want a forum with traffic) following shortly afterwards.

Really... You(steve) don't want to rub free access into anyone's face in an internet forum. I'm mostly just bustin balls and keepin myself entertained while at work, but if you really want to go that route, we can start seriously talking about how you view the role of internet forum members.

Diversteve???

So whats running through your head? Is it a privelage for the general userbase to be able to post for free?

Is it a privelage for the general userbase to provide all the content, which(by the way) is what an internet forum is all about?

Should we be paying to provide that content?

I've never asked to be paid for the content I provide(even this drivel), but I definately take offense to any thoughts that I should be paying to be able to use this, or any forum.

So, scubasteve, what are your thoughts on this? I'd really, very much, like to know. :wink: I'm sure lots of people would...

I figured.....after all it is not often people actually want me to voice my opinion :rofl3:. As we were.

Back
Top Bottom