tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dori fish

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
the hp 117 from faber or hp 119 which is lighter and easier to eventually in a couple of years hopefully double up

i don't want any critics on how i am too young just an opinion which you tank size yo8u prefer. also put what you currently use

thanks in advance:popcorn:

these tanks should be identical as far as doubles go. The capacities are effectively the same once you account for fills being off a hundred or so PSI. it looks like the 119cf is a little heavier and more negative. Thus if you don't mind carrying a few extra pounds around the dive site the 119 might be better since you could remove a little weight from a weight belt. I assume you need a weight belt as your from ny (cold nothern waters and all.) I might say the opposite if you were diving tropical ocean waters.

I have 2 hp119's and 2 hp130's I like them both.

I have 3 FX-117's. I'm not sure how they'd work as doubles as they are short, fat tanks. It's possible that doubled they could cause you to trim out head heavy badly. But I haven't tried it, that's just a guess. While thye are short, they may be tall enough for that to work OK.

the hp 117 from faber or hp 119 which is lighter and easier to eventually in a couple of years hopefully double up
As single tanks, they are a wash. It is hard to distinguish between them. Probably, the same would be true for double tanks, although I readily acknowledge I have not dove double 117s, only double 119s.

I dive double AL80s, double HP 100s, double HP 120s, and double HP 130s. I do not own double 119s now - I found them to be too 'dense' - they are very heavy and quite compact and I never could get my trim adjusted to a comfortable degree with them. In contrast, the 100s are wonderful, as singles and as doubles, and I highly recommend them. The 120s are too long, and this is accentuated with doubles, but they function. The 130s trim OK but are very heavy and they are the only set of doubles I dive that seem to move around on my back. I realize you asked about 119s (and 117s). I cannot say good things about them, as singles or doubles. I CAN say good things about the 100s, both ways, and even about the 130s, as singles and generally as doubles.
i don't want any critics on how i am too young just an opinion which you tank size yo8u prefer.
Wouldn't think of it - being the critic. Glad you are asking good questions, and thinking about doubles.

I have not dived with doubles yet but, I currently have a single AL80, I would like to hear about your doubles dive when you do it, and yes I agree you should use the same size of tanks when you gear up doubles....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom