Tank valve parts help POST J-VALVE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oleman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello need some help looking for any source for a stem seal.
I have been redoing some old steel 72's for use with vintage gear and after getting this tank done I have a leak in the stem seal
the valve is a US Divers post type J,,, sure wish these early tanks had used o-rings not seals..... any help ?
oh one more thing it is of course 1/2" pipe
thanks
Erwin

Attachments

• 1961 Voit.jpg
    1961 Voit.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 369
tank looks great man. Search no here for a guy named herman and PM him. He'll be an invaluable resource to you through vintage diving and he will definitely find you the parts you need

thanks
I just sent msg to Bryan @ vintage doublehose and know he has some parts will see what he has
thanks

You should post your stripping and painting process. I have a few to pretty up myself.

Nice tank. If Bryan does not have the parts, odds are someone on VDH either does or knows who does. If you go to the download section of VDH and download the Aqualung Early service manual, there is an exploaded view and parts list of that valve.

That looks like a J-60 valve and if you check it should have a teflon or nylon valve packing (washer) that is the same as is still used today.

thanks to all for the help Bryan over at VDH lead me to a possible source ... what I ended up doing was just a real good clean up and put the bonnet back in as is ... and today had the tank filled and so far so good took the soap bottle right to the LDS with me.... after some checking this is a per 1966 style and believe the part number i need is 0502-16 and in the early ones is called a " bonnet" which is really a small sealing washer... again thanks for the help..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom