Tank tumbling process

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a question. Does anyone use water at their house from a water treatment system? Does the amount of minerals in the water have an effect on flash rust? I honestly don't know.

pitting? tumbling should never remove metal to eliminate pits
deep enough pits are reason to condemn the tank
Yes, you are right, i was just thinking about making the pitting a bit "smoother". For the moment, the tank pass hydro and VIS. Thanks for the input.

Yes, you are right, i was just thinking about making the pitting a bit "smoother". For the moment, the tank pass hydro and VIS. Thanks for the input.
Are you actually VIPing your own tanks? Have any coursework or experience actually doing this?

1) There's no reason to smooth out pits - even if you realistically could
2) A pit with slopped walls is actually much harder to evaluate the depth vs. pits with near vertical walls which are a lot more similar to the pit gauge's vertical walls.

Are these exemption tanks or 3AA?
How deep are these pit(s) now?
Widespread, isolated or in a line?

Are you actually VIPing your own tanks? Have any coursework or experience actually doing this?

1) There's no reason to smooth out pits - even if you realistically could
2) A pit with slopped walls is actually much harder to evaluate the depth vs. pits with near vertical walls which are a lot more similar to the pit gauge's vertical walls.

Are these exemption tanks or 3AA?
How deep are these pit(s) now?
Widespread, isolated or in a line?
Yes, VIPing my own tank, ( 15 Liters, 232 bar, ECS, steel tank, 2006)
Took SDI course in 2018,and VIS my tank with a SDI instructor. Last Hydro 2016.
I evaluate the pit depth about 0.005 or little more ( my pit gauge start at 0.010) and pits are isolated.
I bought this tank used, 8 years ago, no VIS, ( there was no VIS inspector for scuba tanks, just hydro testing) i open it, rust inside at the bottom, bought stainless steel wip brush during a trip to France, gauges for M25 threads and valve, cleaned it, passed hydro in 2016.There is not much person here who actualy can estimate a scuba tank, just hydro from an industrial gas company ( Messer)but they don´t do VIS for scuba tank, just hydro and fill it with air at partial pressure , not with a compressor.So basicaly, i am on my own .
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom