Tank Trim?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UaVaj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
While underwater. To improve streamline.

If you only had one choice. Is it better to go smaller diameter or to shorter length?

While underwater. To improve streamline.

If you only had one choice. Is it better to go smaller diameter or to shorter length?
I'd say go longer. If you have a longer tank you can shift it more. An AL63 doesn't have a lot of ability to shift it around, so you are pretty much stuck with adjusting other things to get good trim.

I agree, longer.

A longer cylinder will provide more opportunity for adjustment. this can be very important when diving a 2 band BC. My Sherwood Avid and an HP 80 barely allows 2 inches of freedom.

While it is still a solid the buoyancy properties do change over the course of the dive. A longer cylinder will distribute this change and play less games with your center of gravity.

Pete

Are the world's best swimmers short stubby guys, or long lean guys?

Given that said. Longer is better and Thinner is better. Using Worthington tanks.

Would it be safe to say that you would swim better with a HP120 compare to a HP80. Both are same diameter but HP80 is shorter by about 8".

Would it be safe to say that you would swim better with a HP100 compare to a LP95. Both are the same height but the LP95 is 1/2" more in diameter.

well, longer tanks are more adjustable, and like Pete said, will shift your COG less over the dive

but basically, i think you can adjust to either if you know how

Honestly, this isn't something you should really be worried about.

Haven't given it much thought until now; however, will continue to read this thread for more insight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom