Tank straps for BP -- scubapro or Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by newton
The drysuit is only 3 months old, so I'd be suprised/disappointed if they've recently come out with velcro on the laces.
Yeah... well at least you've got the new SS buckles... so your sobs are falling on deaf ears here buddy....:D

Anyway the new boots I have feature a wooley tab folded around the end of the shoe laces with a knot in the end of them so the tab can't slide of and get lost. No big deal... just get some and stitch a tab around your shoe laces... That way you can secure the extra... or don't even bother...

Shoot Newt.... you can just wrap your laces around your ankles and put a knot in the end where they just pass through the fold down velcro tab on the boot... then cut the remainder off with a hot knife so it can't snag... you don't need the little wooley tab...

Just don't let them go floating full length loose behind you :wink:

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

Yeah... well at least you've got the new SS buckles... so your sobs are falling on deaf ears here buddy....:D

*laugh

Hey, I had to pay half-price for those upgraded buckles. :D :D

(Point taken).

Anyway the new boots I have feature a wooley tab folded around the end of the shoe laces with a knot in the end of them so the tab can't slide of and get lost. No big deal... just get some and stitch a tab around your shoe laces... That way you can secure the extra... or don't even bother...

I do have something like that, but it was part of the back part of the boot. It can be removed though, so I imagine it's the same thing. I never bothered unhooking it from the boot, but I suspect it'll come up fine.

Shoot Newt.... you can just wrap your laces around your ankles and put a knot in the end where they just pass through the fold down velcro tab on the boot... then cut the remainder off with a hot knife so it can't snag... you don't need the little wooley tab...

Basically, I need to do the hot-knife trick, no matter what setup I have. So far I've avoided it since I haven't found a knife my wife is willing to let me try and melt. ;(

Just don't let them go floating full length loose behind you :wink:

Amen to that. I've been better about it, since lately I've been tucking the extra length into my boots, but it's not so comfortable. The hot-knife trick is good for other things besides torture. :wink:

Nate

Originally posted by newton
Basically, I need to do the hot-knife trick, no matter what setup I have.
Just don't cut off too much:

With the full length shoe laces even up the ends and slip them together through that little wooley tab (its back there... you just don't have it set up yet... pull it out of the fold over hook part that is sewn to the rock boot heel.)

Now hold the lace ends together and tie a knot so the wooley tab can't slide off of them. Put your foot in your suit and then into the rock boot and cinch up the laces with the little plastic whoobie doobie... take the excess lace and wrap it around your ankles as many times as you can (probably 1 1/2 times plus a little) and slide the wooley tab on the string to where it fits under the velcro hook fold over on the heel. NOW.... tie a knot there so the little wooley tab will stay put on the laces and cut the excess off with your hot knife... you need the extra lace material so you can take your boots off but you don't want anymore that just enough to wrap 1 1/2 times with nothing left to dangle.

Well... less than a thousand but a picture would have been better. :D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom