Tank storage for high-rise dwellers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the replies.

We're minimum 1-2 years out. Upper Keys ideally, financial realities may push us to the Sarasota area.

Sarasota’s quite nice and a great choice, IMO. I’m just up the road in Tampa in a pleasant neighborhood but would very much prefer to be in Sarasota.

Switching coasts seems a bit extreme. Perhaps a deeper search of communities on the Atlantic coast will produce some palatable options thus keeping you closer to Florida’s great diving. The 3+ hour drive from Sarasota just to get to Jupiter will get tiresome. Any further south and your “commute” will obviously increase.

Surely there’ll be something in Palm Beach County that interests you.

Surely there’ll be something in Palm Beach County that interests you.
If you are willing to put aside your preconceptions, have a look at Briny Breezes. Briny Breezes, Florida - Wikipedia

It's a trailer park that is an incorporated town. It sounds iffy, but the location is amazing and the facilities are impressive. The town stretches from the sea, where it has a beachfront club building, to the Intracoastal Waterway. We have good friends who retired to Briny and live there full time. We've visited often over the years. It's just a few minutes from Underwater Explorers (Kevin Metz) and the other boats at Boynton Beach.

If you are willing to put aside your preconceptions, have a look at Briny Breezes. Briny Breezes, Florida - Wikipedia

It's a trailer park that is an incorporated town. It sounds iffy, but the location is amazing and the facilities are impressive. The town stretches from the sea, where it has a beachfront club building, to the Intracoastal Waterway. We have good friends who retired to Briny and live there full time. We've visited often over the years. It's just a few minutes from Underwater Explorers (Kevin Metz) and the other boats at Boynton Beach.

Hurricanes + mobile homes + zero feet above sea level = suboptimal.

Perhaps I’ve given in to cultural norms like a lemming but retiring to a mobile home park is not my idea of a successful final chapter to my life.

Also, I agree with greeniguana...a mobile home that close to the water is a surefire fire way to have my golden years disrupted when I’m least likely to look at a mandatory evacuation as a “fun adventure”.

In thinking about this further, might an RV be a useful option? Given that you have the means to consider two homes and a luxury sport like SCUBA diving, perhaps an upscale RV would provide you optimal flexibility and forego the need for a second home.

OSHA is for Occupational Safety. They don't care or have guidelines for what you do in your home
Yep.

This is a photo of Mexico Beach in the panhandle after Michael in 2018. It was mostly mobile homes.

Attachments

• maxresdefault(2).jpg
    maxresdefault(2).jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 98
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom