Tank inspection tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make a USB unit without the monitor for half the price and you might just have something...

I still have my old SLA battery cave light, and my tank inpection light consists of a spare 50W bulb that I hook up to 12V battery for cylinder inspection.

But this is more than just a light, this would allow you to get up close and personal on pits and such.

Roak

Make a USB unit without the monitor for half the price and you might just have something...

I still have my old SLA battery cave light, and my tank inpection light consists of a spare 50W bulb that I hook up to 12V battery for cylinder inspection.

But this is more than just a light, this would allow you to get up close and personal on pits and such.

Roak

To me just as important or more would be, if you could safe an electronic picture, to have a record that you can compare to next year VIP.

Or you can show a picture of the inside of the tank to a customer. You could print a copy for your customer to keep which will be good proof that you did the inspection and you are keeping some records.

I think it would cut down on a lot of the skepticism that many customers may have about the value and what they are getting with a VIPs.

Go with Henryville. Used this same one for years. Lots of light and easy on the wallet.

Walter is right about the rope lights and the older St 72s, they won't fit through the neck. A boroscope, however, will fit, but it is pretty hard to see everything you need with a boroscope. The field of view is just too small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom