Tank Id

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to get it to conform to the era. What type of valve would have com in n this tank in the 50’s? I am interested in frolicking in a vintage getup one day.

Most likely it came with a post valve. Healthways-valve

Although the j-valve was out in the '50's, @Sam Miller III might have the year off the top of his head, a lot of divers continued using post valves. I still have a '59 old steel 72 with its original post valve.

Bob

Passed hydro. Now how do I clean this thing up.
Wow, Congrats on the hydro!
I wouldn't clean it, but instead ask around some of the equipment manufactures if they have any "Vintage" stickers.Maybe one would 'rent' it from you to display at DEMA which would attract alot of booth attention, especially since it passed hydro. Rent might mean free stuff instead of dollars too.

Very cool tank that will get alot of oo's and ahh's from respected divers. Definitely needs a J-valve and a double hose reg.

Great find !!

The I valve, aka post valve, would be correct. A J valve may also be correct.

Does that stamp indicate 2150 psi? As in ICC 3AA2150, most 72's were 2250psi

This stuff cleaned up some of the rust

EB02CB26-6D10-4F0F-9F3D-0E0E04C7D406.jpeg
A3DFBA5B-70B5-4AA0-ABDF-DD097820623E.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom