tank holder for vehicle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlackSapphireZ

Registered
Reaction score
here's what I made for my car.

two tanks to carry around in my minivan. I left the end open for possible expansion.

3/4" PVC pipe used total cost less than $20 made in 30minutes!

let me know what you think! :)

2011-03-30203359.jpg

2011-03-30203343.jpg

2011-03-30203424.jpg

Put some pool noodles on the long pipes that the tanks lay on. They cushion and help grip the tanks!! JMO

Here's what I use -- $17 at Divers Supply...

INS80907-2T.jpg

You can make the ones like the noodles, only use PVC in place of the noodle. This stows better than the ridged PVC.

I have something similar. If your drill holed in the middle of the long supports, you can strap a bungee around the tanks to further stabilize them.

No matter how Great your ideas are, someone here will always have a way to make them Greater!!

Hey, who changed my Avatar?

Reactions: Jax
Here's the flaw in all of these things... none of them secure the tanks in place. They will all keep the tanks from rolling around, but in an accident, you potentially have 40# hunks of aluminum or steal heading towards you at 60 mph if you happen to drive into someone.

I generally carry twins, so this is a bit easier, but I run a 3/4" chain from the tie-down rings in the back of my Tahoe. With my twins, I simply run the chain through the manifold. With stages, they all have stage kits with dog-snaps on them and these can be clipped to the chain. If the impact in an accident is enough to snap that chain, I figure the tanks whacking me in the back of my melon will be the least of my problems.

Back
Top Bottom